Biden has implemented sanctions against West Bank settlers, while Israel continues to maintain a siege on Gaza’s al-Amal Hospital. The situation on February 2, 2024 is as follows:
Human Impact and Fighting
– Israel’s siege of the al-Amal Hospital in Gaza’s Khan Younis has continued for an 11th day.
– The Palestine Red Crescent Society reported that Israeli forces stormed the hospital for the third time on Thursday.
– Over 30,000 displaced people in schools near Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis are facing shortages of water, food, and baby formula.
– US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin spoke with the Israeli Defence Minister about shifting to “low-intensity operations in Gaza” and support for a diplomatic solution along the Israel-Lebanon border.
– British Foreign Secretary David Cameron suggested that the UK could officially recognize a Palestinian state after a ceasefire in Gaza.
Attacks in the West Bank
– A Palestinian man was injured by Israeli forces in the city of Hebron.
– Israeli settlers attempted to set a car on fire on the outskirts of the Palestinian town of as-Sawiya, south of Nablus.
– Israeli forces conducted raids in the cities of Jenin, Nablus, and Hebron on Thursday night.